GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS - Bears Of Verity Calendar Competition 2020
1. Entrants can submit as many photographs as they like, but all files must be in JPEG format and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Postal entries will not be accepted
3. Entrants must not be professional photographers. For the purposes of this competition, a professional photographer will be considered to be someone who makes more than half their annual income from the sale of their photographs.
4. All entrants must be 18 years, or older.
5. The competition closes at 23:59 (GMT) on Sunday 24th November 2019. Entries received after this date will not be considered.
6. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted and no feedback on any entry will be provided.
7. All photographs will be judged on the following criteria:
- Public appeal
- Suitability for inclusion in the Bears Of Verity Calendar 2020
8. The photographs will be judged through the following process:
Stage One (Monday 25th November 2019)
All entries will be judged by the Bears Of Verity Ltd team. Voting closes 23:59 Monday 25th November 2019. From this initial process the 12 best based on the above criteria will be chosen to go forward for public judging.
Stage Two (Tuesday 26th November 2019 - Monday 2nd December 2019) – The Public Vote
All 12 finalists will be featured on Facebook and Instagram. The overall winner will be the entry which receives the most votes in a public vote. Votes will only be accepted through the The Love Of Teddy Bears, Facebook group.Voting closes 23:59 Monday 2nd December 2019.
9. The first prize will consist of an online discount code to the value of £50 which can be spent at www.buyoldbears.com, together with a free copy of the completed calendar. The runner-up prize will consist of an online discount code to the value of £25 which can be spent at www.buyoldbears.com, together with a free copy of the completed calendar.
10. The finalists shall appear in the Bears Of Verity Calendar 2020, to be sold in aid of the Newton Solney Pre-School Building Fund (all profits will be donated to the Newton Solney Pre-School Building Fund). The finalists’ photos may also be published on Facebook, Instagram, www.buyoldbears.com and used in other promotions of the competition.
11. In the event of a technical problem or evidence of impropriety with regard to the public vote, the judges shall have the final decision. If the public vote results in a tie, the judges shall have the casting vote. The judges' decisions will be final and no correspondence can be entered into.
12. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. Where an individual or a residential property, belonging to someone other than the photographer are featured, the photographer must seek permission and be prepared to provide written consent, when requested by the Bears Of Verity Ltd. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
13. Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit to Bears Of Verity Ltd. By entering the competition all entrants grant to Bears Of Verity Ltd the right to publish and exhibit their photographs on digital and printed media in perpetuity. Entrants whose photographs are one of the final 12, also agree to take part in post – competition publicity.
Entrants whose photographs are one of the finalists or selected to appear in the Bears Of Verity Calendar 2020 pursuant to paragraph 11 above grant to Bears Of Verity Ltd the further rights to publish and exhibit their photographs in print, on their respective websites or in any other media in perpetuity. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses. Entrants whose photographs are one of the finalists also agree to take part in post-competition publicity. While we make every effort to credit photographers, including in printed reproductions of their work, we cannot guarantee that every use of the photographs will include the photographers' names.
Entrants whose photographs are one of the final 12, also agree to take part in post – competition publicity
14. By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and Bears Of Verity Ltd reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and in its absolute discretion if Bears Of Verity Ltd has reason to believe that an entrant has breached these rules or acted fraudulently in any way.
15. Bears Of Verity Ltd reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
16. If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, Bears Of Verity Ltd reserves the right to either offer the prize to a runner up, or to re-offer the prize in any future competition.
17. These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales. This competition is administered by Bears Of Verity Ltd.
To enter the competition you have provided us with your personal data including your photographic entry. Bears Of Verity Ltd is the “data controller” of this information.
Bears Of Verity Ltd processes your personal data is on the basis of its legitimate interests.
If you are unsuccessful, Bears Of Verity Ltd will retain your data until one week after the competition close. At this time it will be destroyed. If you are shortlisted or successful in winning the competition, Bears Of Verity Ltd will retain your data for three months after the competition close.
Data protection law gives you certain rights in relation to your personal data, including the right to request from the controller access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data or restriction of its processing, and to object to processing.
We protect your details in many different ways. These include staff training, investing in technology and following strict handling and storing procedures. Bears Of Verity Ltd will not share your data outside with any other third parties without your permission.
If you have any questions about how Bears Of Verity Ltd handles your personal information, or if you wish to contact Bears Of Verity Ltd to exercise your rights in relation to your personal data, please contact email@example.com